7 Nutritional Tips for Chronic Pain Sufferers
7 Nutritional Tips for Chronic Pain Sufferers:
There is a growing body of evidence that (poor) nutrition can affect overall Gut Health and can be associated with conditions, like arthritis(1) and chronic pain (2).
Ultimately, foods we eat can drive inflammation in our gut which then in turn can result in nutrient malabsorption and ultimately systemic inflammation, among other things.
So if we want to help chronic pain (as well as other degenerative health conditions) we should consider these 7 things that can affect how we feel overall as well as the pain experience:
1. Avoid Sugary foods and drinks
2. Avoid Grain and Flour based foods
3. Consume more nutrient dense foods like vegetables
4. Choose grass-fed meats over grain-fed meats
5. Choose wild caught fish over farm raised
6. Limit/Avoid dairy intake including Milk
7. Consider natural anti-inflammatory supplements like Fish Oil, Tumeric, Ginger, and Bromelain (among others)
To see an overall change with this approach, your dietary efforts should remain strict for a minimum of 90-120 days to essentially 're-program' your biochemistry.
Feel free to pass this along.
- Dr. Blood
Disclaimer: always consult with a health provider versed in this type of nutrition before starting.