Common Causes of Neck Pain Include:
- Poor Posture
- Bulging or herniated discs
- Injury or overuse of muscles, ligaments, facet joints
- Muscle spasms
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)
- Strain or tears to the muscles or ligaments supporting the back
You are at particular risk for Neck Pain if you:
- Sit at a desk/computer for long periods
- Stare at your smart phone with bad posture for extended periods of time
- Work in construction or another job requiring heavy lifting, lots of bending and twisting, or whole body vibration
- Smoke, don’t exercise, and/or are overweight
- Are over age 30
- Have bad posture
- Have arthritis
How do we treat Neck Pain?
We feel that the best way to treat neck pain is finding the cause first. We would do a thorough consultation, history, and examination to determine the underlying cause(s). We then perform a functional evaluation to further evaluate involved tissues that need focused on to restore function.
Once this is completed we implement treatment strategies to not only help reduce symptoms, but restore function and help prevent recurrence.